Saturday 21 September 2013

All dressed up......and somewhere to go!

 
 
Remember this dress from my ill-fated night out that never was that I posted about here.
Well it finally had its night out. Huzzah!
And yes it twirled and pranced and shimmied.
There were many laughs and giggles.
Which was good because bloody hell I needed a good laugh!
We had some big plans, my frock and I, and although a great night was had it was more because I was hanging with the people I love most and not because of the dodgy do that we attended.
(Imagine lots of trendy hipsters trying oh-so-hard).
 
 
 
I added a me-made vintage inspired half hat, because I am obsessed by adorable little hats at the moment and thought the ensemble needed a big pop of red. I am really happy with how my felt hat turned out and I will now have a try at some more in lots of cool colours. (Maybe even a rainbow hat with every colour featuring!)
 
 
 
After we could bear no more hipster posing, my pals and I headed back to their place and the party continued in a more relaxed fashion with lots of music, beverages and crazy conversations. (How soon will it be before we can get a pygmy elephant as a pet? Could a person ride one of those big emperor penguins? How much do we need some of those bread gloves?)
 
 
It turns out we all really need some bread gloves. Who wouldn't?
 
 
 
Check out some of my friends music collection. And that is not all of it!
Yeah, they are music guru's and it is always great to catch bands with them or be introduced to some new sounds by them.
Don't you just love when you find people who you can be truly you with and where magical and memorable moments always happen.
How has your weekend been?
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. Bread gloves? No!
    Love your pretty little half hat/headpiece, aren't you clever to make it yourself? Yes, make more - in many colours!
    It sounds as though you had a grand night out, and you looked gorgeous. Look at that very shiny red handbag, just delicious! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need bread gloves, right? I will make many more little hats so I can have one with every outfit (too ambitious?). I did have a great night thanks! XXX

      Delete
  2. you made that hat! on my gah! please show how you made it plleeeaaassseee! and would you mind if I completely copy your awesome hat-ness! I'm chuffed you and your lovely dress got a twirly night out, they are most needed and with great company - I am also salivating over your friends music collection, it's magnificent! *I can't decide if the bread gloves are slightly spooking me hehe!* x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hat was surprisingly easy. (It has to be for me to try!) I will do a little tutorial post so you can have a try. I think that is the charm of the bread gloves- disturbing and yet I still want some! XXX

      Delete
  3. Huzzah! Looking foxy, and I'm CRAZY for that hat! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how funny are those bread gloves! I wonder what happens when they go stale lol? Or better yet can you feed pigeons with them? Your outfit is adorable and I love the coat too. Is the coat vintage? Has a very 40s vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I am visualising flocks of birds attacking as I try and eat my bread glove sandwich! My coat isn't vintage, just a modern take on a vintage look that I op shopped for about ten dollars. I love it though because it is full at the bottom and fits my full skirts underneath beautifully.

      Delete
  5. I love the fascinator. It looks like a shining poppyblossom in your dark snow white hair. Beautiful!

    xoxo, Saperlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! (I always wanted to be Snow White!) XXX

      Delete